First of all, there is no “track” and you’re not “on” or “off” it. It’s just life.
There’s going to be periods of time where you will gain weight - Christmas/Summer (all the BBQs/drinking/holidays/weddings/events) and periods of time where you don't have much going on so you can be more consistent. Fat gain happens over a period of months/years you wont gain a stone in a week. If after a week holiday you’re up say 10lbs just get back to normal and you’ll see the weight drop back down. Most of the time though you’ve had an amazing time on holiday and eating and drinking whatever you want is fun but unfortunately we can’t do that all the time.
If you are 100% consistent just 80% of the time you will see amazing results!
If you find you are eating out and drinking on the weekends here are some tips to help you stay consistent:
1. Track your food using myfitnesspal app. Yes I’m asking you to weigh your food for the next few weeks to get used to portion sizes and what is actually in foods. This isn’t forever but once you’re familiar with what is in food and how much you can eat then you can ditch the scales
2. Think of your calories as weekly not daily. This means on some days you can have higher calories and some days lower calories to account for the higher days. These could be your weekend calories (don’t go mental and not eat during the week though be sensible with it)
3. If you know you won’t have time to workout on the weekend get your sessions in through the week or early in the morning you'll feel so much better once they're done. No excuses.
4. Don’t be too aggressive when cutting calories to start with - track what you’re actually eating and decrease 15-20% from there then STICK WITH IT for 2-4 weeks before changing again. Consistency is KEY
5. Eat more single ingredient foods. Think back the last couple of days, how many items of food did you eat that were single ingredient? E.g. foods not out of a packet - lean meats/fruit/vegetables. If you only had one thing that was single ingredient what can you do today to make it 2 things then 3 things etc. This is going to help digestion, turnover of nutrients and aid satiety.
6. Why do you want to lose weight? Really? Are you classed as overweight and at risk of developing health problems? Or are you normal weight but are influenced by magazines and celebrities? What do you REALLY want to achieve because if you really want something you CAN do it.
When I first thought that I wanted to do bikini competitions I was too embarrassed to tell anyone I thought I’d never be able to do it, but now I’m competing against the best in Europe, if I’d have never started I’d never be where I am now and I wouldn't be helping other women reach their dreams and goals either.
It starts with you believing that you CAN do it, you may have heard before “there’s no such word as can’t” so stop making excuses for yourself. You have time, you make time, you can afford to eat well. Make your dreams your priority, you design your life and if you’re not happy with where you’re currently at then it’s time to do something about it.
If you want to:
- Overcome your struggle with food & not knowing what to eat
- Stop comfort eating, restricting then binging
- Learn how to stay motivated AND consistent
- Burn body fat while still eating your favourite food
- Tone up the most hard to tone areas
- Boost your self esteem & be able to feel comfortable with what you see in the mirror
- Improve your relationship with food so there's no guilt!
- LEARN how to KEEP burning fat
Then my next transformation programme Summer Toned is for YOU - to find out all information here and sign up by clicking here
Starting Monday 3rd September 2018
Can't wait to see you there!